Not only do I like makeup but I like food as well. I mean, who doesn’t? But lately I have been feeling not so well. So I decided to be healthier and eat better. I do exercise already. My eating habits were the bad part that made it difficult for me to lose the weight. But I got to be honest, it is a lot easier if I had support. It is not easy eating better when you’re surrounded by people who aren’t exactly on board with you. I live with other family members along with my fiance and daughter. So I technically cook for two other people. At this moment, my fiance makes more money than so he pays for the groceries. It’s hard to do the shopping when he’s not so…umm…on the same train as I am. It’s hard to cook two different meals at a time. I actually dislike it very much. It takes more of my time away from my family. I hate that.
So I decided to play around with recipes of certain dishes. So far I got a few recipes that they like. Which makes cooking time so much easier. So this post is going to be that. A recipe I made. It’s re-creation of lasagna. Before I give my recipe, I want to mention you can layer either with lasagna pasta or long slices of zucchini.
- lasagna pasta (1 box)
- zucchini (2)
- eggplant (1)
- celery (3 stalks)
- mushrooms (10)
- ricotta cheese (4 cups)
- Prego sauce (1 jar)
- spinach (2 cups)
- shredded mozzarella cheese (1-1/2 cup)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees
- Spray the baking pan or spread a little of olive oil.
- Cook the pasta until it becomes al dente.
- While pasta is cooking, starting slicing the eggplant and zucchini.
- Start chopping the rest of the vegetables.
- Drain the pasta
- Cover the bottom of the baking pan with the first layer of pasta (or zucchini)
- Next, layer the other ingredients like this, or however you like, eggplant, zucchini *if you don’t use it instead of the pasta*, ricotta cheese, mushrooms, tomato sauce, spinach, then pasta, veggies again.
- Once you finish layering, finishing by topping it with one last layer of pasta then sauce. Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Place it in the oven and bake for 45-60 mins.
The cheese will brown but you don’t want the cheese to cook too much, then cover with tin foil, with the foil bent a little.
I really do hope you enjoy this recipe. I mean if my fiance likes this vegetarian lasagna, then there’s a high chance a lot of you will like it. Leave a comment if you tried this and let me know how it came out for you. Thanks again for stopping by and reading my blog. Until next time Lovelies!